Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Leaving the M den..

My plane took off early at 10.47am so I ate breakfast in the hotel again. A car picked us up from the hotel, with the same driver who sent us here from the airport, and sent us back there. On the way, she said that the US president had just sent more troops to Iraq for war. Immediately when I got to the airport I saw people in green uniforms (or number 4s) checking in their luggage. I found that the same two guys who checked their bags in at United Airlines was on my plane. [ I've skipped the part about the inefficiencies of the airport. Everyone should be tired of that now]

Before the plane took off, the flight attendant addressed the army men on board. She started with, " This might embarrass some of you, but its something I have to say..". She wished them all the best and thanked them for their service to the nation. They may not be able to make it back, so they are wishing them the best of luck and may disaster never befall on them. She asked those around them to shake their hand and give them well wishes. When she finished, the whole plane clapped in acknowledgement for their efforts. Quite sad. Especially when someone risks your life instead of you.

One hour later, we arrived in Chicago Airport. Feeling that the oily and fat food was getting to me, I ate salad for lunch. Caeser salad with chicken from Wolfgang puck. Healthily delicious. =) I felt much better after eating vegetables and healthy things for a change instead of their fat and oily meat, processed foods, etc. From Chicago Airport, we took a plane at 2.38 to Indianapolis.
We again reached in slightly over an hour, at 4.45. My dad's friend came to pick us up from the airport and bring us to our next accomodation - a bed & breakfast hotel, Scholars Inn (not the one in Shaghai, that one is Scholars' Inn - there is a difference!)

I've never been in a B&B before, so this is a first for me. Basically, its a house converted into several rooms where they'll rent out for visitors to stay in. Each has their own bathroom and facilities, like in a hotel room. Just that this one is nearer to nature and they do not limit the cups and types of tea that u drink, as well as coffee, or water for that matter. The rest of it is similar to that of a hotel.

After checking in is dinner. Chinese food! Healthy. =) Nothing much after that. Went to bed early.

No comments: