Sunday, July 20, 2008

Second day (and second last) in Bloomie

Today I did more exploring than yesterday. I went to the Arts Museum in IU (indiana uni). It consists of 3 parts but I onli managed to go to half of one. Its really big, with paintings, sculptures, photographs and even some artifact and fabric on display. Some of them belonged to Pablo Picasso himself. After coming here I realised how painters paint a nice scenery - they actually HAVE it. The skies are always blue, otherwise, its misty. And especially in Northern parts of America, painters should (my guess) like to paint summer. People here have winter almost all year, so they really look forward to summer. A few impressionism paintings hung on the walls, others are portraits of army personnel - yes, they are more honored here than in somewhere. Ahem.

For lunch, I ate at the Student Union (that place is really nice!), in the tudor room, a restaurant. How I wish there's one in NUS students' union! Anw, lunch was a buffet lunch with chinese and western food. Unlike other food places, the main course isn't the "main" thing. Dessert was! There's a long list of dessert pinned on the wall above the dessert table. Cheesecake, chocolate walnut cake, apple pie, etc. (I'll upload the picture and u can judge for yourselves). It was a sweet lunch. =)

After lunch, I did a bit of shopping at target. The notebooks here are super cheap! 5 for USD 50cents. Got some other stuff like snacks and bubblegum here. And we got a toy truck for my dad's fren's son, as appreciation for them being hosts for our trip and for inviting us here. I managed to get online a while after that and it was dinner time. The days here are very long. The sun is up at 5.30am and it only sets at 8.30pm.

We ate at Denny's Restaurant today. I've been wanting to eat Denny's ever since I reached Niagara Falls. The last time I was here in US, I really loved the hash brown they make at Denny's. Its not the MacDonald kind of hash brown, its sliced potato fried slowly. (yes, i'll load the picture soon! hope i did take though. I forgot.)

We reached scholars inn early and took a rest. Tomorrow we're leaving for Toronto very early. Might not even have time for breakfast. =( Talking about eating, I think I've really been eating a lot since I've reached here!! Omg. I'm now wondering if I need to eat 3 plates of chicken rice in Singapore before I get full. Oh no.

No comments: